Silent Dinner Parties are the ongoing practice of interdisciplinary artist Honi Ryan. They have been hosted around the world as festival events, as social sculptures, for radio and as private performances. Each SDP is a unique experience, but one thing seems to be consistent – they are always a grand silent giggle. People usually communicate and the dinners rarely feel particularly quiet.
A Silent Dinner Party is a normal dinner party except the guests are requested:
- Please do not use words or your voice.
- Please don’t read or write
- Try to make as little noise as possible
- Don’t interact with technology
- Stay with it for at least 2 hours
They are the ongoing practice of interdisciplinary artist, Honi Ryan. They are held in people’s homes and invitation or information can be requested by emailing email@example.com